Thursday, October 30, 2008

Tina Fey: SNL Fans to 30 Rock Fans?

Tina Fey is one of my favorite comedians of all time, a close second to Amy Pohler. Every Saturday, I stay up to watch "SNL". I read an article questioning whether or not Fey will be able to convert her "SNL" fans to "30 Rock" fans. While "30 Rock", written by Tina, is a relativly new show, according to the article, it has already recieved "a total of 27 (emmy) nominations in two years". Linda Holmes, the writer of the article, does not ever say whether or not she believes that "SNL" fans will watch "30 Rock" when the new season begins. I believe that they will. However, I do not think they will stick around to watch it towards the end of the season. Having watched the show, I think it is funny, but not the funniest thing around. It's not "The Office" funny, but more of a clever funny. I think it is aimed at 30 year old people and above because the jokes are about political things. I am planning on watching the premier, but that's pretty much about it. I would recommend this article only if you like Tina Fey. It contains a lot of facts about her show and it becomes boring and monotonous.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27407385/

1 comment:

Julian R.E. said...

I agree with you that many SNL fans will convert to 30 Rock. With Tina Fey's recent appearances as Sarah Palin, her fan base is larger than ever. I much prefer the comedy of 30 Rock to other shows because its humor is witty and requires some thought. Its a refreshing change from shows like Family Guy, and dont get me wrong i think Family Guy is hilarious. I just appreciate shows that have a little thought in them and dont start 90% of their jokes with a flashback (FamilyGuy).